Adding new list item versions

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:32 AM
Is it possible to add a new version to an item if it already exists when importing?

I see there is a setting ItemExistsBehaviour in the example xml config, can this be used? if so, what are the available options?
<ItemExistsBehaviour>Overwrite</ItemExistsBehaviour>
Sep 27, 2016 at 10:14 AM
Hi,

Overwrite is currently the only option available, you cannot put anything else in here.

From recollection, however, I think that maybe even if overwrite is enabled and the list has version control enabled a new version is created. Try this if possible and share your experience.

If you find that DIFS does not do what you want if you can provide a bit more detail about what it is that you are trying to achieve we can look if can be done with a simple change.

Would be good to know.

Destination List or doc library?
Major versions or major and minor?
SharePoint Online or On Premises (2010,13 or 16?, can you run apps on the web front server if On Premises)

Source (Excel or SQL etc)
Oct 4, 2016 at 6:31 AM
I have tested this out, if the document library has version control enabled, it will create a new revision if the filename already exists. However, you can only upload one revision per batch. Uploading the same file multiple times in a batch results in an error, this looks to be caused by the file not being checked back in before the second revision is uploaded.

I will create my scripts to only upload one revision of any file per batch.
Oct 11, 2016 at 3:57 PM
DIFs 2.2 includes better handling for version control.

If versioning is enabled on a library and ItemExistsBehaviour is Overwrite then new version is always created and checked in. Multiple versions can be loaded in the same path.

New optional source columns CheckInComment and PublishComment allow you to control check in comments.

New optional Publish Boolean column allows you to control which versions of a file are published if draft versions are enabled.

Reference to the PDF documentation for full details