Skydrive Pro upload with DIFS

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Hello,

First of all , I would like to say I really like the program. Untill now we were uploading trough the Skydrive Pro client or using Windows Explorer to upload a bulk of documents to our Office 365 SharePoint server. This was a slow process and we lost meta-data, so the program really helps us.

But I do have a question, is it also possible to upload a bulk of documents to personal Skydrive Pro folders within SharePoint using DIFS?
In our company each employee gets its own Skydrive Pro folder, which is accessible within Windows Explorer. However, uploading trough the Skydrive client, is a tedious process and it sets the modified date of each file to the uploading moment.

The location of the Skydrive Pro folder is:
https://domain-my.sharepoint.com/personal/johan_domain_nl/Documents

But when I enter https://domain-my.sharepoint.com as SharePoint site, I get a number of folders to choose from , but not Personal/johan_domain_nl/Documents.

Is there a way that I can use DIFS to upload files to each employee's Skydrive Pro folder?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Johan
Sep 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Try entering the full URL except the /documents bit
Sep 25, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Hello Johan, I have the same issue here with the personal drives. Did you already find a solution?
Sep 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Unfortunetaly this doens't work. If I type the destination fields by hand, instead of selecting them after hitting load, it also doesn't work.

It would be great if I could use this application to transfer our Personal Skydrive Pro documents, however right now I can't using DIFS.
Nov 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Have you gotten it to work?

I was referred here from Microsoft, when I realized the ton of files I sync'd to my Skydrive Pro space was, most of the file dates changed to the day I sync'd.

Please help me keep metadata on file uploaded to Skydrive Pro space
Nov 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Johan

Thank you for your private reply that you were not able to use difs for uploading to SkyDrive Pro, but found another third party option.

I'll do more research as the option you used isn't open source and costs $195 for one month. Pretty steep.