Some suggestions for DIFS

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Thought I would like to share some suggestions for DIFS after using it to migrate data to SharePoint Online.
  1. When the storage limit in SharePoint is reached, DIFS should pause the upload. Currently it just progresses onto the next file and so forth..... It would be good to have DIFS pause the import so to give us a change to increase the limit then it resumes again. Currently I have to restart it so not to risk missing any files
  2. DIFS setting -> [Meta Data] -> when selecting "From File System" option and then saving the Settings to an .xml file. However, when I Load that .xml settings file, it doesn't automatically select "From File System" but selects "Default" instead. So whenever I run up another import, I have to remember to select "From File System". It would be nice to have this setting saved in the xml file.
  3. DIFS to import empty folders as well (or at least have the option to allow importing of empty folders). Currently if the folder is empty and doesn't have any files in it, it gets skipped by DIFS. It's handy to be able to upload everything - including empty folders because sometimes clients has these as placeholders or if they are Template folders.
These are just suggestions and some "nice to have" because DIFS has worked great! Thanks once again for making an awesome product.

Much appreciated.